Plant-Based Traditional Foods Cooking
February 2nd, 2019
10:00 am -12 noon
What You’ll Learn:
- How to make plant-based versions of traditional Latin American and Filipino dishes
- Ayurvedic practices of mindful eating
- Medicinal properties of staple ingredients in Latin American and Filipino cuisine
- Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes
- Traditional Mungo Soup with Moringa
- Lanka Ginataan (jackfruit simmered in coconut milk + lemongrass)
- Argentine Winter Salad (Beet, apple, walnut)
- Hot Argentine Mate
- Cooling Calamansi Lemonade
Cost is $45 per person, which includes a meal consisting of all of the items prepared.
The Divine Clown
February 17th, 2019 thru March 24th, 2019
1pm-4pm, Sundays only
Caitlyn Conlin is a Los Angeles-based actress, musician, clown and educator. She received her MFA in Acting from California Institute of the Arts and holds a BA in Acting from Arizona State University. Caitlyn has worked with several award winning movement based theater companies and her work has been performed at notable venues around Los Angeles and internationally. Currently, Caitlyn serves as program supervisor for USC School of Dramatic Art's new program in Medical Clowning, the practice of bringing highly skilled performers into the hospitals. As a medical clown, Caitlyn works at Norris Cancer Center, LA County Hospital, and Children's Hospital of Los Angeles. She has also taught clowning workshops at various centers and universities including CalArts, USC, Improv First (Beijing, China), Beijing Clothing Technology University, Nevada Arts Council and The Clown School.
You must sign up through The Clown School website https://www.theclownschool.com/specialtyclasseslosangeles
Liberation Breathing LA
"Liberation Breathing is a Conscious Connected Breathing Process that Restores Your Mind and Body to Health and Wellness."
- Sondra Ray and Markus Ray
Breathing session is performed laying down. You will need a yoga mat, pillow, and blanket. Some yoga mats and blankets are available. Please bring a pillow and whatever else you need to be comfortable.
Suggested donation: $33