March 23, 2019 from 10am - 5pm
"Making friends with Fear and Anxiety"
A Daylong Meditation Workshop with Jessica Graham and Christopher Kelly, Ph.D.
Registration - Sliding Scale $ 30-$100
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER:
Fear and anxiety are natural and useful parts of being a human, but they are also at the center of a lot of our suffering. This dayong retreat will offer practices for deepening your acceptance of mental and emotional discomfort to reduce suffering. You will get tools for finding relief from these challenging emotions, as well as techniques for fully experiencing them to reveal the deep wisdom they might offer. Through guided meditation, instruction, and discussion, you’ll begin a new relationship with the fearful and anxious aspects of self, releasing you to more freedom and flexibility.
About the instructors:
Jessica Graham is a meditation teacher, author, and sex, relationship, and spiritual guide for couples and individuals. She is a contributing editor of the meditation blog, Deconstructing Yourself, in which her popular series, Mindful Sex, appears. She co-founded The Eastside Mindfulness Collective, dedicated to exploring secular spirituality through mindful living and learning. Jessica also founded Wild Awakening, to help people become more human through psycho-spiritual evolution, using meditation and self-inquiry. In her book, Good Sex: Getting Off Without Checking Out, Graham demonstrates that a deep spiritual life and an extraordinary sex life are not mutually exclusive. This keenly personal and unflinchingly frank guide helps readers apply mindfulness in sex without losing the fun and adventure. Good Sex is available wherever books are sold. You can connect with Jessica on Instagram at @jessicaclarkgraham and at www.yourwildawakening.com.
Christopher Kelly, Ph.D. is an award winning teacher who has taught at several major universities including the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and the University of Maryland, College Park. He has studied the nature of consciousness for over twenty years, receiving degrees in physics and philosophy. He is a dedicated practitioner having had the good fortune to study on retreat with some of today’s most insightful teachers including: Adyashanti, Shinzen Young, Luang Por Pasanno, and Soryu Forall. He is the author of two books, including A Theory of the Good.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER:
Clown! Level 1
March 24th thru May 5th, 2019
5pm - 9pm, Sundays (only)
AYURVEDIC SPRING RITUALS DAY RETREAT
Sunday, March 31, 2019
10:00 am -2:30 pm
Cost: $75 per person
(Please pre-register and pay online below)
- Barley and Mung Bean Kitchari made with spring pacifying spices: dill, cumin, coriander, hing, turmeric, black sesame, black pepper, sesame oil and cilantro
- Dandelion Root Salad with vegan goat cheese and avocado lime dressing
- Mint Lemonade with Lavender Simple Syrup
This will be facilitated by Andrew Berezin, who is the member of Middle Way LA community.
Unleash Your Inner Comic: Standup Comedy Class
Tuesday, April 9, 16, 23 and 30, 7-10pm.
Show on Saturday May 4th 8:00 - 9:30.
- Writing exercises towards the goal of preparing a 10 minute set for a final performance
- Performance practice - comics will get up at least one or two times per class
- Feedback on writing and performance oriented around developing your personal comedic voice
- Support/Feedback on your personal comedic style/strengths/unique gifts
- For Experienced Comics: Support navigating the comedy terrain
- For Beginner Comics: Support getting up on stage and telling a joke
- A collaborative environment to take risks and try new things
- A rockin' show
Reading: Sections from Judy Carter's book and Steve Martin's "Born Standing Up"