Plant-Based Traditional Foods Cooking
February 2nd, 2019
10:00 am -12 noonJoin Ayurvedic Practitioners Erica and Meryll as they share the re-creations of their favorite comfort foods from Latin America and the Philippines. Erica and Meryll believe that connecting to our roots through food does not have to come at the cost of our health. In other words, they want to express their shared belief that soul food and health food are one in the same.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to make plant-based versions of traditional Latin American and Filipino dishes
- Ayurvedic practices of mindful eating
- Medicinal properties of staple ingredients in Latin American and Filipino cuisine
BiosMeryll Montano is a proud Filipina Ayurveda Practitioner, botanical enthusiast, dancer, and whole health advocate. Prior to founding VeganVedas, Meryll spent 7 years battling anxiety, depression, bulimia, chronic constipation, and a variety of digestive disorders. Finding sustainable health and deep nurturing in plant-based foods & Ayurveda while attending Southern California University of Health Sciences, she expanded her personal wellness to those of her community. Meryll offers a variety of workshops, cooking classes, and events that intersect all things botanical food, culture preservation, and health.Erica Rey is a Latinx certified Ayurvedic Practitioner and yoga instructor who also offers herbal medicine, bodywork, and doula services. She is passionate about healing and is committed to accessibility and intentionality that allow these practices to be tools of resilience and sustainability for our communities. Erica holds a BA in World Arts and Cultures from UCLA, an Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor certification from Kerala Ayurveda Academy, Certified Doula and Community Birthworkertraining from Matriz Birthwork and Ayurvedic Wellness Practitioner and Herbal Medicine degrees from Southern California University of Health Sciences. Erica guides yoga at People's Yoga and offers Ayurvedic consultations and yoga at WeSpark Cancer Support Center.
- Chimichurri Sweet Potatoes
- Traditional Mungo Soup with Moringa
- Lanka Ginataan (jackfruit simmered in coconut milk + lemongrass)
- Argentine Winter Salad (Beet, apple, walnut)
- Hot Argentine Mate
- Cooling Calamansi Lemonade
Cost is $45 per person, which includes a meal consisting of all of the items prepared.WHENFebruary 02, 2019 at 10am
The Divine Clown
February 17th, 2019 thru March 24th, 2019
1pm-4pm, Sundays onlyYou must sign up through The Clown School website https://www.theclownschool.com/specialtyclasseslosangelesThe Divine ClownBurst open your clown chakra and let it bathe in the pure glory of boundless giggles. Break out of everything that binds and limits you and find the freedom, bliss and power of the human heart as we unearth this metaphysical being called The Clown. Through the process of joy we will embrace the sunshine, the darkness, the genius, the foolish, the zenith point of zany and everything that makes us beautifully human.In this six week series, Caitlyn will introduce a number of different techniques and game explorations through movement, music and other muse making pleasures that get to the heart of this mystical clown who is expressed through lila or Divine Play.This class is for anyone who is interested in the pure pleasure of imagination, the mystery of ourselves and how inspiration arises within us.Bio:
Caitlyn Conlin is a Los Angeles-based actress, musician, clown and educator. She received her MFA in Acting from California Institute of the Arts and holds a BA in Acting from Arizona State University. Caitlyn has worked with several award winning movement based theater companies and her work has been performed at notable venues around Los Angeles and internationally. Currently, Caitlyn serves as program supervisor for USC School of Dramatic Art's new program in Medical Clowning, the practice of bringing highly skilled performers into the hospitals. As a medical clown, Caitlyn works at Norris Cancer Center, LA County Hospital, and Children's Hospital of Los Angeles. She has also taught clowning workshops at various centers and universities including CalArts, USC, Improv First (Beijing, China), Beijing Clothing Technology University, Nevada Arts Council and The Clown School.Cost $299
You must sign up through The Clown School website https://www.theclownschool.com/specialtyclasseslosangelesWHENFebruary 17, 2019 at 1pm
Liberation Breathing LA
"Liberation Breathing is a Conscious Connected Breathing Process that Restores Your Mind and Body to Health and Wellness."
- Sondra Ray and Markus RayLiberation Breathing is a modern way of taking in more Life Force. It is easy and simple. It is the quickest way I know to clear you of your negative thoughts and memories that are consciously and unconsciously limiting your life. A well-trained practitioner of Liberation Breathing can save you years of struggle… and bring you to decisions that will alter your life always for the better… liberating you from the past. Through Liberation Breathing you can reclaim your power to be the ruler of your destiny. No longer will any circumstances be “beyond your control”, as you invite the Divine into your life to forgive and erase the past, and inspire you to be your Self.Liberation Breathing recognizes the power of your breath to transform you and brings a new awareness of your true Identity. Yoga masters knew from ancient times the breath as the most essential part of human life, connecting us to the Life Energy behind all matter. They called this energy Prana. Liberation Breathing is a modern day version of Pranic breathing that gets you in touch with who you are, free of problems and the cause and effects of Karma.
Breathing session is performed laying down. You will need a yoga mat, pillow, and blanket. Some yoga mats and blankets are available. Please bring a pillow and whatever else you need to be comfortable.
Suggested donation: $33For More Information ContactJane Mnoian310.737.0144WHENFebruary 09, 2019 at 10am
Community | Wisdom | Happiness
meditation · yoga · teachings
retreats · dance · arts
Middle Way LA provides practical instruction for a vibrant, meaningful life
infused with ethical integrity, compassion for others, mindful awareness and wisdom.
|Wednesday 7-8pm||Moving Meditation (Tai Chi)|
|Thursday 7:30-9:30pm||License to Chill|